Summer showers threaten today, sunny to start the weekend
Still some lingering likelihood of precipitation in the air today.

Starting in South Mississippi, a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Breezy with winds up to 10 MPH. Tonight, a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 78. Tomorrow, there’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87 degrees.
North Mississippi, a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 90. Tonight, we’re looking at a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 74. Tomorrow, a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88.
Central Mississippi, a slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am, about 50 percent.  Mostly cloudy, with a high near 92. Heat index values as high as 102. Tonight, a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 74.Tomorrow, as we start thinking about the weekend, a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 90 degrees.