This website is exclusively owned and operated under the name TeleSouth Communications, Inc. (“TeleSouth”).
Unless specified otherwise on the website, individuals submitting personally identifiable information must be at least 14 years of age and a legal resident of the United States before participating in any activity that requires the submission of Personal Information.
Please be aware that when it comes to your privacy, TeleSouth uses its best efforts to protect all personal data collected on our website. The following outlines what information is collected and how it will be used. Yes, your privacy is very important to us.
TeleSouth will be the sole owner of all information collected on this site. TeleSouth collects personally identifiable information from persons who are at least 14 years of age when:
- You respond to a contact submission form found on our website or Email us;
- You visit pages within the TeleSouth website;
- You transact business with our affiliates or business partners;
- We access publicly available information from public suppliers of such information, including, but not limited to, government agencies and consumer reporting agencies, to assist in the enforcement and monitoring of your transactions.
- We send one or more cookies to your computer that uniquely identify your browser. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
- Storing user preferences;
- Tracking user trends and activity, including, specifically, how you arrived at our site; and
- Delivering information specific to your needs and interests;
- Some features and services of the TeleSouth website or other sites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled; and
TeleSouth may collect the following types of information. Please note that the decision to provide information to us is completely voluntary on your part:
- Information which personally identifies you and which may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, IP address physical address, zip code, phone and fax numbers;
- Information about the domain and the host from which you access our services, including the computer’s Internet address and the browser and other software in use;
- Demographic information which may include, but is not limited to, your age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
TeleSouth fully complies with all requirements of the Child Online Privacy Protection Act.
TeleSouth uses information for several purposes, including:
- Verifying your identity;
- Detecting and preventing fraud and other illegal uses of our network;
- Fulfilling your requests for certain products and services;
- Engaging in research that will improve this network and website, as well as those of our partners; and
- Improving site administration and functioning and our overall services to you.
TeleSouth will use best efforts to honor users who request to opt out of marketing messages, but under no circumstances will TeleSouth have any liability for sending any E-mail to its users.
Users who do not wish to receive Emails, including TeleSouth bulletins, TeleSouth promotional E-mails, or Sponsor E-mails are requested to contact Dawn Dugle, or select the opt-out options that are available on all E-mail correspondence. We may also send to our users’ network and service announcement updates. Members are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about service notices and responsibilities. TeleSouth occasionally communicates with its users via E-mail and phone to provide information about requested services and regarding issues related to their account and the network. It is important to note that this communication is not used for marketing or promotional purposes. Requesting the deletion of certain types of user information may prevent users from accessing some website and network features.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
TeleSouth is required to share certain personally identifiable information with the United States government to comply with applicable federal laws and regulations or subpoenas, court orders or legal process or other formal requests issued by a government office or agency.
TeleSouth may also send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people in certain circumstances allowed by law, including when we:
- Need to provide you with a service or process a financial product or service at your request, which sometimes requires that we share your information with the business partners or affiliates that may include, but are not limited to:
- Financial service providers;
- Credit card companies; and
- Brokerage houses;
- Implement institutional risk controls;
- Are considering or engaging in a proposed or actual transfer of the company or its radio stations to another entity, at which point we will share the information only with other parties to the transaction; and
- Have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Protect and defend the rights or property of TeleSouth;
- Protect against fraud or prevent actual or potential fraud;
- Implement required institutional risk controls
- Protect the confidentiality of our records or the security of our records, transactions or systems;
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of TeleSouth, or the public; or
- Enforce violations of the TeleSouth User Agreement or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services
TeleSouth may share aggregated, non-personal data and information with media partners, professionals and advertisers.
TeleSouth endeavors to maintain the requisite security to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure both on and offline at a level that is equal to or better than that which is required by applicable law. TeleSouth secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure from anyone other than our employees, agents, representatives, business partners and affiliates. TeleSouth insures the proper handling of your information to prevent unauthorized access or identity theft. We do this by taking every reasonable means to insure your information cannot be accessed by anyone except you.
All employees of TeleSouth have reviewed this privacy statement and must adhere to these privacy standards. They understand the importance of high levels of security and discretion in all functions that deal with your information.
We use industry standard efforts and have established reasonable security procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. These may include, without limitation, secure socket layers, firewalls, encryption, and password-restricted access to our services by employees of End User customers. However, please keep in mind that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and/or the World Wide Web, and TeleSouth assumes no responsibility, and expressly disclaims all liability, with regard to the loss or disclosure of your personally identifiable information due to causes outside of its direct control, including, without limitation, general Internet or transmittal failures and the actions of third-parties, such as hackers.
Limitations of Liability
BY PROVIDING US WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION YOU EXPRESSLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS TELESOUTH AND ITS MEMBERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, TRUSTEES, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND/OR MISUSE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. IN ADDITION, WHILE TELESOUTH MAKES EFFORTS TO ENSURE THE PROPER AND APPROPRIATE USE OF DATA PROVIDED BY TELESOUTH TO THIRD-PARTIES, THE RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND/OR MISUSE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Correcting your Personal Information
TeleSouth asks that you provide us with any changes to your personal information or your privacy preferences so that we can update your account accordingly. TeleSouth is not responsible for any notifications or updates that do not reach you because you have not notified TeleSouth of changes to your contact information.
Changes should be sent to dawnd (at) telesouth dot com. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections.
TeleSouth will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. TeleSouth encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how TeleSouth is protecting your information.