The Mississippi Department of Transportation has awarded grants to the Mississippi Central Transportation District for regional and municipal airports, ports, and public transit systems throughout the area.
The grants will go to improving the state’s highways and interstates as well as providing safe intermodal transportation networks for airports, ports and waterways, railroads and public transit.
“Each of these modes of transportation play a vital role in transporting people, goods and services that promote economic growth and development throughout Mississippi,” said Commissioner Dick Hall.
Grants were approved for the following regional and municipal airports in Central Mississippi.
- $358,019 – Cleveland Municipal Airport: Install new aircraft fuel tanks at the Cleveland Municipal Airport.
- $413,125 – Greenville Mid-Delta Airport: Rehabilitate the potable water system (Phase 1) at the Greenville Mid-Delta Airport.
- $156,572 – John Bell Williams Airport, Raymond: Construct a T-hangar taxiway at the John Bell Williams Airport.
- $137,000 – Meridian Regional Airport: Rehabilitate the terminal building parking area at the Meridian Regional Airport.
Grants were approved for the following ports in Central Mississippi.
- $396,018 – Port of Greenville: Rehabilitate the port connector road.
- $178,312 – Port of Rosedale: Resurface the terminal road shoulders and truck staging areas at the port.
- $908,968 – Port of Vicksburg: Rehabilitate the port’s warehouse.
Grants were approved for the following public transit systems in Central Mississippi.
- $68,599 – Bolivar County Council on Aging, Cleveland: Vehicle match- $7,287 for one six-passenger ADA van; and $61,312 for vehicle insurance.
- $480,000 – City of Jackson: Operating costs.
- $25,287 – Claiborne County Human Resource Agency, Port Gibson: Vehicle match- $7,287 for one six-passenger ADA van; and, $18,000 for insurance.
- $17,280 – Copiah County Human Resource Agency, Hazlehurst: Vehicle insurance.
- $23,695 – Madison County Citizens Service Agency, Canton: Vehicle Match: $14,517, one 27/29 passenger non-ADA bus and $9,178 for vehicle insurance.
- $23,522 – Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, Choctaw: Vehicle match: $11,509 for one 24/25 passenger ADA bus; and, $12,013 for vehicle insurance.
- $33,749 – Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Bena: Vehicle match: $10,405 for one 17-passenger ADA bus and $23,344 for vehicle insurance.
- $31,287 – N-Route Transit, Vicksburg: Vehicle match- $7,287 for one six-passenger ADA van; and, $24,000 for vehicle insurance.
- $15,405 – South Central Community Action Agency, Jackson: Vehicle match: $10,405 for one 17-passenger ADA bus; and, $5,000 for vehicle insurance.