- An intense weather system is moving through the state and will bring thunderstorms and potentially heavy rain in the next 24 hours, particularly in south and central Mississippi.
- That missing 9-year old boy who fled his home at a motel on I-20, by running into the woods, wearing only his underwear, has been recovered safely. DHS is investigating.
- Contraband oysters have been seized at a popular Biloxi seafood market. Turns out the oysters don’t have the proper papers. Oysters may not need passports, but those caught by recreational fisherman require documentation and Captain Ben’s will have to pay some fines.
- Batman is rather glamorous. Actual bats…not so much. Bats are the reason the cafeteria at Magee Elementary is closed this week. Bats are using the cafeteria as an Airbnb and it’s being ‘debatted’ while meals are temporarily being prepped at Magee’s other area schools.
- Your favorite Cabernet, delivered right to your door? Possibly. Door-to-door wine delivery is the heart of HB 545. But don’t break out your fancy flutes just yet. Such bills have failed in the past, owing to pushback from the Mississippi Department of Revenue.