- The 4000 ecstasy tablets seized this week on I-20 west in Morton, might make a dent in what’s increasingly referred to by law enforcement as a drug pipeline. The Interstate connects Dallas, Atlanta and Birmingham. This big ecstasy bust, made during a traffic stop, was one of 11 felony drug arrests this past week along the I-20 corridor.
- Details emerging about that fatal shooting of a high school football standout in Clarksdale. 18 year old Davyeon Hill was slated to play for Pearl River Community College on scholarship this fall. But that ended with the blast of a gun to his chest, erupting from an early evening argument on Clarksdale’s King Street Police are not releasing the name of the suspected shooter, who is also a teenager.
- The fate of sanctuary cities in Mississippi now goes to the House, after the Senate’s 2-1 rejection of the notion that towns, counties or universities in the Magnolia State could purposefully defy federal immigration laws.
- An out-of-state owner of multiple properties in Clinton has been charged with more than 1400 code violations. The negligence on the part of the Texas landlord includes mold along with rotted floors and mortar at assorted structures among the historic buildings in Olde Towne Clinton.
- Saint Patrick’s day is just over a month away. (So you have plenty of time to diet into that slinky green number you’re planning to wear to the 2017 Hal & Mal’ s St. Paddy’s Parade in the capital city). This year’s theme, in keeping with Mississippi’s 200th anniversary, “Happy St. Perennial at Our Bicentennial.” The parade’s been running for more than three decades and raises around 30 thousand dollars annually for Batson’s children’s hospital.
- Best gig ever: OREO TESTER! The company that owns the famed sandwich cookie, and Chips Ahoy (along with Cadbury and Toblerone) is advertising for a Chocolate and Cocoa Beverage Taster. No experience necessary. Just “a passion for confectionary and taste buds for detection”. The only catch, you have to be willing to relocate to Reading, England.